We welcome all experience levels in at the Mano A Mano Rib Throwdown. Whether you’re a first time competitor or a seasoned competition BBQ pro. First timers are able to set up next to guys who compete on a regular basis and walk away with a few extra tricks up their sleeves for the next time they BBQ for the neighbors.
If you are questioning whether or not you should compete, you shouldn’t hesitate! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. We’ll be happy to help you out as much as we can.
To register, please complete the form to the bottom Before registration, please check out the rules – this is very important! Entry fees can be paid once the form is submitted. You are not registered until your entry has been paid. Please let us know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!
Entry & Cooking:
- Check-In begins at 6:30 am on March 23rd, 2019
- Teams may only consist of one person – You can have people assist with load-in and load-out, but only one person may cook and compete.
- Each team gets a space approximately 10 x 10. Feel free to bring a pop-up tent if you’d like to but it’s not necessary but is strongly suggested.
- BYOM – Bring your own meat
- BYOS – Bring your own smoker, if team cooks on any smoker except/besides their own they will be disqualified.
- Pork Ribs Only – spares or baby backs
- No foil or paper at all can be used as a wrap for cooking
- No pre-cooking or pre-seasoning meat
- No marinating, injecting or bringing meat
- No electricity can be used to aid in cooking: No pellet cookers, no temp control devices or rotisseries. Must use charcoal and/or wood fires
- Bring your own supplies – cooker, fuel source, rubs, etc…
- Be prepared to turn in a minimum of 6 servings/ribs
- Meat shall not be sculptured, branded or presented in a way to make it identifiable
- No garnish in turn in boxes
- The turn in box shall not be marked in any way so as to make the container unique or identifiable. Aluminum foil, toothpicks,skewers, foreign material, and/or stuffing are prohibited in the container
- Turn in boxes will be supplied
Tips and Tricks to win a Rib Throwdown Championship by Pitmaster Harry Soo